Monday, January 28, 2013

Alone

Being alone has always comforted me. When I'm alone my mind is faced with honesty. If you've ever tried to lie to yourself, you will find it almost impossible. It is one of the beauties of life because it allows me to see that i am important and that my progress is essential to the world if I am to continue living. One of my favorite philosophers Alan Watts keeps me on my toes when I'm alone and feeling sorry for myself. He asks "Do you consider yourself a victim of the world or the world?" This says to me that I am meant to be on this planet and I surely cant help myself by putting on a good face, by dismissing what others may deem horrible as a section of my life to be forgotten, by comforting my self with false pretenses. It says to me, "You are the world and all it's imperfections. In other words, what may seem like conflict on one level, is really harmony on another.  If you keep with the flow and treat yourself and others with love and respect, things will work out.  Solitude helps me think about my role in the world and where my life is moving. If you become comfortable with yourself while alone, you can become comfortable everywhere. So spend some time one and be happy that your living while you shed off all the unnecessary layers of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment